Mums, grans, aunts and friends. This Mother’s Day, we’re celebrating the mums and mother figures in our lives as we enjoy the best of where we live. A mug painted with love in Scarborough, a hamper filled with gourmet goodies from Belfast or something special from Wimbledon. But as well as gorgeous gifts, there are experiences to enjoy too. From time together enjoying tapas in Sheffield to a holistic treatment in Glasgow’s West End. Your local businesses have a wide range of gifts and experiences that are just the ticket for making mum smile. Here is a taster of Mother’s Day presents available with local Town & City Gift Cards.
1. A hamper from Sawyers. If your mum is a massive foodie, what could be better than a luxury hamper from Sawyers in Belfast? Sawyers have been supplying their gourmet hampers for over 100 years, and their Mother’s Day Butlers Box (£60) is a delight. Packed with sweet Cartwright and Butler treats like butter oat crumbles, sherbet pips, chocolate wafer rounds and butter fudge, this hamper even comes with a cute keepsake tin. Or, try the Mother’s Day Wine, Cheese and Chocolate Box (£55). Sawyers is one of over 200 businesses who are part of the Belfast City Centre Gift Card.
2. Tapas, magic and music at Cubana. For a taste of Cuba, it has to be Cubana! This tapas restaurant and bar has been a Sheffield favourite for over 20 years and now has a prime site on Leopold Square. This Mother’s Day, you can treat mum to tapas, close up magic, and live jazz, soul, R&B and funk music in the evening. And, there’s a free glass of prosecco for all mums on arrival too! Cubana is one of over 80 businesses who are part of the Sheffield Gift Card.
3. A pampering treat from Napiers. Founded by famous Scottish herbalist Duncan Napier, Napiers is one of the UK’s leading names in complementary and natural health care. It also has its own clinics for beauty treatments. If some self-care is on the cards for your mum, how about the Napiers Elder and Alkanet Lip Tint, a Napiers Relax Botanical Candle (£19.50) or even the celebrity favourite, Dr. Hauschka One Hour Facial, a little reiki or some reflexology? See even more of the amazing businesses who are part of the Glasgow West End Gift Card.
4. A hand painted creation. Make mum melt with a completely unique hand-painted Mother’s Day mug, plate or ornament from Crafty Creations Café. Just remember that you’ll need to allow time for the gift to be fired and glazed. And if your mum is into her crafts, you could even treat her to a workshop learning the art of fused glass (from £20) or a jewellery making session (from £5). Crafty Creations Café is part of the Scarborough Gift Card, along with over 90 other brilliant businesses.
5. Something special from Elys. For Mother’s Day inspiration, look no further than Elys in Wimbledon! Established by Joseph Ely in 1876 in the town, Elys has a carefully curated selection of gifts at all price levels and interests, from Holdsworth Pink Prosecco Truffles (£5) to a Chilly’s Tropical Flask (£20) and a rainbow hued Kurt Geiger Kensington Cross Body Bag (£179). Elys is part of the Wimbledon Gift Card.
Let’s make new memories this Mother’s Day, and show our love for local too with Town & City Gift Cards.